Alterfit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alterfit

Helping members of the alternative scene to make positive changes to their lives.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

21 ways to Slow Living Challenge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flix
Admin
Flix

Posts 17
Points 50

21 ways to Slow Living Challenge  Empty
PostSubject: 21 ways to Slow Living Challenge    21 ways to Slow Living Challenge  I_icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Found on pinterest
21 ways to Slow Living Challenge  Slow-living-challenge-hygge-ideas

21 ways to slower living

1.Go for a nature walk daily: Whether you live in the city or countryside find some green space, take out the earphones and look around and connect with nature.

2.Have a routine for your day:
This is a huuuge game-changer for me! If I structure my day so I get into my office, studio and tick off some tasks I can fully relish in a slow afternoon without the dreaded guilt creeping in!

3.Give yourself fully to each task: Again GAME CHANGER! Phones have made us obbsessed with checking emails non stop making just doing one thing really challenging. When I’m doing a daily task I try and give myself totally to it. Otherwise I start to feel really discombobulated (great word right?!).

4.Journal: I dont do this as often as I’d like but I always reach for it when I feel confused and off kilter. It really does help calm me down.

5.Cook: Simple but a good one. Chopping onions to some good music is a great way to get back into the moment!

6.Set aside some reading time: There’s something very grounding about reading a book and a great way to slow yourself down.

7.Connect to your surroundings: Have you taken the time to pause and look around you? Notice what day it is? What season we’re in?

8.Stop multitasking: Put down the iPhone and focus purely on one thing at a time.

9.Try a no t.v/tech evening: Try making this a fun occasion as opposed to feeling “without”.

10.Remember what’s actually important to you: Sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up in wanting/changing things that we forget the things we actually care about-our families, pets, simple joys…

11.Don’t compare yourself to others: A fast track way to feel awful and out of tune with your own life.

12.Be grateful: Yup appreciate what you’ve already got, in all it’s glorious imperfection!

13.Engage fully with people: Again put down the iPhone and take part fully in conversations, be generous with your time.

14.Sit in silence for 1 minute: Feeling at your wits end? Take a minute to sit, breath and unstress. Simple but effective.

15.Delight in the simple things: Think like a child and find laughter, smiles and joy in silly jokes, a slice of cake, an animal, the rain…

16.Stop spending mindlessly: How many mascaras do you actually need? Buy things that “spark joy” a la Marie Kondo.

17.Buy and support from ethical, small brands: Get pleasure from researching small brands and boutiques and spending your hard earned cash on items that really thrill.

18.Start a small garden: Even a little window box can become a thing of joy and there is nothing quite like growing something from a seed. It’s also a crash course in seasonality!

19.Try out a capsule wardrobe: The start of my Slow Living journey! It triggered so much for me and made me realise I was holding onto so much old stuff for all the wrong reasons. Plus getting dressed in the morning is easy peasy now.

20. Go to your local farmers market:
Connects you with your food, the seasons and producers.

21. Get creative-start a sketchbook:
Being creative, whether it’s doing some colouring, painting or crafting is a briliant way to slow down and be in the moment.

Let us know what you've done and how you are getting on!
What have you done so far?
Are you enjoying this challenge? 
Back to top Go down
https://alterfit.board-directory.net

21 ways to Slow Living Challenge
Page 1 of 1